Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Respect is due to a dog.

So, I woke up this morning to check my husband's account to see if a particular allotment had come in  because there was a little mixup with it. Low and behold it had not come in, from what it had seemed to me...so I proceeded to call the My Pay customer service line to see If maybe I was looking at his acct (Both bank and My Pay) wrong b/c it did not seem to be in there. Upon speaking with a customer service rep whose name I'll keep confidential I could already tell by the tone in her voice in greeting that she would be a little problematic. You know how someone can answer a phone (in customer service) that exudes an "I don't wanna be here" tone? Well, that's how hers sounded...but I still wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt so I proceeded to ask my question as nicely as possible hoping that my spirit would overflow into hers. Well, that was a total fail b/c as she went to explain what she had to explain concerning our problem, I became a little confused with her answer... so like any normal person needing clarity or elaboration, I asked more questions. Now as I inquired more about the issue b/c in my eyes I still did not understand, she began to get upset. So she angrily states that she "CANNOT TELL ME ABOUT HIS PAY!" So by now, you can CLEARLY hear the frustration and impatience with me in her voice so I began to get bothered with her tone.

See, I'm the type of person who TRULY tries to be as polite as possible with customer service reps (EVEN when they get A LITTLE nasty at times) , b/c I've been one before...I've had people get angry with me for "just being the messenger" so I really try my best to treat them with the utmost respect whenever I can...so even when she clearly had A LITTLE attitude in her voice, I tried to be as nice as my flesh would allow. I really did. But her tone, it got a little louder and nastier by the minute so after she told me she couldn't tell me about his pay I told her that's fine but there's also a way to say that. You don't have to be nasty. So she then tells me "Goodbye, You have a nice day ma'am!" In her nicest nasty voice she could...I'm still shocked by the service I'm receiving and by her blatant nastiness couldn't say anything except "Well is there a manager I can speak with? B/c I really don't appreciate the way you're talking to me." she repeats the "You have a nice day ma'am!" In the same nice nasty voice she had before...then hangs up on me. This is the kind of stuff I don't like. If you are not feeling your job, quit. Don't take it out on the innocent customer who calls in to get answers to a question, that's in your job description! That's what you get paid for! I'm sorry you're not having a good day, but neither am I...but that's no excuse to be down right nasty and belligerent with someone who has NOTHING to do with WHY you're having that problem! I was so angry that she brought me to tears after she hung up. Here I am trying to inquire about something that is really important and you get angry with me b/c I'm calling you to do your job!?? So of course I called back, this time I got someone extremely nice who then forwarded me to chain of command so I could report her customer service, or lack thereof...

It takes a lot for me to report someone b/c personally, I just don't see the point in wasting your precious time on someone who's already clearly miserable themselves...but her behavior was indescribably horrible, to say the least! If I didn't know any better I would've thought I was a mistress and NOT the WIFE of someone serving our country! Either way, respect is due to a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment